Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Social Networking Sites

Comparing Twitter vs Facebook vs Instagram

I chose these sites for comparison because I have an active profile for all the above mentioned sites. Whats most amazing to me is the way in which many of my friends and I behave when interacting on each of these sites. For example when on twitter I feel a certain freedom in expressing my opinions, my followers are not necessarily known to me beyond their twitter profiles, which ironically fosters a sense of anonymity. Whereas on Facebook I have more of a sense of community/family since my Facebook friends list is made up mainly of relatives , childhood friends , colleagues and acquaintances. These are people I know and have met before therefore I am more conscientious of the content I upload unto Facebook. On the other hand my interactions on Instagram serves only to aide in my continuous narcissistic endeavours for me Instagram is a numbers game in which the amount of likes defines the winner. I am sure if some of us actually honestly questions our behaviour patterns on each of these sites we will find more gounds for similarity than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment